We’re back with the second part of our interview with Mathieu Martin, devtools team lead at Lightspeed, they develop POS (point of sale) software that’s used around the world and handle more than US$9 billion in transactions per year.
In this episode we’ll jump right into the tools they use on the cloud, all the services, the 3rd party softwares and their pros and cons. We also talk about their challenges expanding, the issues with intermittent connections and much more.
Don’t miss our picks at the end of the show, we would love to know if you’re finding them useful and/or interesting.
Have fun and Mind the Cloud.
Lightspeed POS Numbers
- Process 9B$ a year in transactions
- Used in 30 countries by over 22 000 customers
- 270+ employees in 6 cities
- A total of 65M in VC funding in the last few years
- AWS Podcast
- Jeff Barr (@jeffbarr) - Chief Evangelist for the Amazon Web Services
- DockerCon 2015: tickets and call for proposals are open
- “Immutable Infrastructure with Docker and EC2 by Michael Bryzek (Gilt) - DockerCon SF 2014” on YouTube
- “React.js Conf 2015” on YouTube
Credits and copyright
The music used on the program is called “Impromptu in A” by DoKashiteru, licensed under the Creative Commons. This podcast is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International, share it but don’t change it.